UPDATE – Please read this post c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y…it discusses the educational systems of each state, and how well the states educate (or don’t educate) their young minds.  It has deep meaning that could possibly explain the stupid, inbred minds which are unable to comprehend simple matters (in other words, southerners).  If you are a fan of the SEC, have somebody read it to you.  Big words are tough.

——————

Going slightly off-topic, but then again, it’s pretty much right on key with The BBC.

This morning, the United States Chamber of Commerce released their findings on the effectiveness of education in each of our glorious states.  They graded each state on several topics related to the respective states’ educational system.

Buckeye fans, show some pride….our state got a “B”.  As for the rest of the country, let’s go to the chart;

Click on the image for a larger view.

Now, how did the Big Ten states do in comparison to states which hold SEC schools???

A

Minnesota – Minnesota (Big Ten)

B

Ohio – Ohio State (Big Ten)

Iowa – Iowa (Big Ten)

Wisconsin – Wisconsin (Big Ten)

Pennsylvania – Penn State (Big Ten)

C

Illinois – Illinois (Big Ten)

Illinois – Northwestern (Big Ten)

Indiana – Indiana (Big Ten)

Indiana – Purdue (Big Ten)

Michigan – Michigan State (Big Ten)

Michigan – Michigan (Big Ten)

D

Kentucky – Kentucky (SEC)

Tennessee – Tennessee (SEC)

Tennessee – Vanderbilt (SEC)

South Carolina – South Carolina (SEC)

Georgia – Georgia (SEC)

Florida – Florida (SEC)

Arkansas – Arkansas (SEC)

F

Louisiana – LSU (SEC)

Mississippi – Mississippi State (SEC)

Mississippi – Ole Miss (SEC)

Alabama – Alabama (SEC)

Alabama – Auburn (SEC)

No further comment is necessary at this point, is it???

OK, one more comment, if you have a friend who is a fan of the SEC, please send this to them.  But when you send it to them, do one of the following.

• A) Call them after you send it to them, so you can read the bigger words to them and they’ll understand it better
  • B) Send it to them through the link called “Redneck Translator” so it’s written in their native language

Yes, I believe we now have scientific proof that the SEC is indeed filled with southern inbred morons who can’t read or write up to the speed of an average American citizen.  The United States Chamber Of Commerce has given us that proof.

1. DevonNo Gravatar
    June 3rd, 2009 at 7:27 pm

A friend of mine was trying to convince me that the SEC schools are just as good academically as the Big Ten’s. I told him that the fact he was arguing it proved him wrong. He goes to Florida.

2. J MoneyNo Gravatar
    June 3rd, 2009 at 7:33 pm

Jeff, your site is the most brilliant blog ever. I wish I were just like you

———

The previous views have been slightly modified, and might not represent J Money’s actual feelings, nor the views of Boiled Sports Incorporated.

3. T-MillNo Gravatar
    June 3rd, 2009 at 8:33 pm

Yes! I went to school in Indiana and my wife went to school in Florida! I am smarter than her! I have proof!!!!!

4. MattNo Gravatar
    June 3rd, 2009 at 11:42 pm

OMG! That’s freaking AWESOME!

Of course, once the SEC fans see this, there will be much head-imploding and pants-wetting to go with the hissy fits.

We gots yer back when the attacks start, Jeff!

5. ChrisNo Gravatar
    June 4th, 2009 at 8:31 am

HAHAHAHA. I do love this, but I think we are also missing on important fact here. Look at the all might educational Mecca of michigan. Is it possible that a bunch of farmers from Ohio are actually better? Up yours michigan

6. BrandonNo Gravatar
    June 4th, 2009 at 9:58 am

Classic. Simply classic.

June 4th, 2009 at 11:18 am

Why do not all the ‘D’ and ‘F’ ratings surprise me?

8. LuisNo Gravatar
    June 5th, 2009 at 7:38 am

I showed this to a couple of friends that were SEC fans. They flipped. I had to explain 3 or 4 times that this was related to the states themselves not just the schools.

We know Vanderbilt is the SEC equivalent of Northwestern. They just didn’t realize the rest of Tennessee was bad haha!

9. ENo Gravatar
    June 8th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

While anything bashing the academic integrity of the dirty south makes me smile, I also have to question any statistics on education that place Kansas near the top of the heap in academic achievement.

Though I guess if “god did it” is an acceptable answer to most of the questions on your tests, it shouldn’t be terribly difficult to have comparatively good achievement scores.

10. Geaux TigersNo Gravatar
    June 17th, 2009 at 11:19 am

As an LSU alum and SEC fan in general, there really is no argument for the states in which SEC schools are located.

Louisiana, for example, undoubtedly deserves to be near the bottom of the educational rankings. The entire public school system of the Greater New Orleans area probably contributes substantially — if not entirely — for the failing grade.

Hopefully this ranking ellicits change in the education systems of the Dirty South, but I would not hold my breath.

11. FrankNo Gravatar
    June 17th, 2009 at 12:43 pm

Uh, this is a study about K-12 education. It really has nothing to do with university-level achievement.

From Jeff at The BBC – The posting CLEARLY says that this study is about “states’ educational system”. I also even mentioned that my post was comparing Big Ten “states” to “states which hold SEC schools”.

But thank you, Frank. Thank you for proving my point that SEC states are lower down the totem pole when it comes to reading comprehension.

You even put an “uh” in there. Frank, just a note. You don’t have to type every word that comes from your mouth.

12. MattNo Gravatar
    June 18th, 2009 at 4:44 am

Jeff, qui mal somme, qui mal y pense!

13. JoseOleNo Gravatar
    June 18th, 2009 at 7:50 am

I guess Tim Tebow needs to start a reading program down there instead of cutting off foreskins.

14. jamesNo Gravatar
    June 26th, 2009 at 8:09 pm

haha this is good, but unfortantly theyre still better than us when it comes to football. Too bad it doesnt carry over.

15. CaptainBangBangMunchABunchNo Gravatar
    July 8th, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Superb!

Now, do you have any follow up data that correlates mouth breathing with fans of a conference as opposed to a team?

16. Kylie SanchezNo Gravatar
    July 25th, 2010 at 9:58 am

K12 education is always the best”:

17. Silver Bullet Points Gets More Ammunition « The Buckeye Battle Cry
    February 3rd, 2011 at 2:49 am

[...] Are We Absolutely Sure- that this “problem” isn’t just due to really really poor math skills? [...]