Get Loud!!!

Written September 8th, 2010 by MaliBuckeye

Lots of folks are talking about the comments today from a Florida writer that The Horseshoe isn’t a hostile environment, but none have done so better than Spencer Hall at EDSBS. We’d link him anyway, if only for this photo and caption:

Mr. Hall also reminds us that other Big T1e1n stadia have “interesting” ways of creating atmosphere. A billion cocktails to you, Orson.

Here are actual quotes from actual Hurricane players-

Marcus Forston: “I’ve heard it’s a loud stadium, but once you go out there and do what you have to do, you can quiet the crowd.”

Damien Berry: “I really don’t think it’s going to have an effect on us because wherever Miami is…[Young] Jeezy said it best, ‘We’re going to bring the whole city out.’ Everybody wants to come see us. They ain’t coming just to see Ohio State.”

Can’t respond better than Drew did-

Yes Damien, everyone wants to see you. So much so that you guys averaged 47,551 in attendance last year at home.

That being said, it is possible to be “subdued” and take a “let someone else make a difference” attitude when at the game.  However, we want to replicate the atmosphere of Michigan 2006 and USC last year- where players ears were ringing long after the game was over.

So, if you’re going to the game, GET LOUD!  Sing along with “Seven Nation Army”, chant “O! H! I! O!”, scream when the Buckeyes score and scream louder when the ‘Canes have the ball.

There’s a reason that it’s called a “Battle Cry”… time to get your war face ready.

1. southbaybuckeye_ITSNo Gravatar
    September 8th, 2010 at 1:51 pm

if i were going to be there i’d be loud as hell.

the fact that’s it’s a 3:30 game and more beverages can be consumed has to help with the loudness factor.

2. JimNo Gravatar
    September 8th, 2010 at 2:09 pm

my ears were literally ringing during the moment of silence for Bo before The Game v. 2006… and that was before the game even started!

unfortunately I won’t be in attendance this Saturday, but if Ohio Stadium isn’t the loudest stadium in the country, it is damn close, Saturday afternoon/evening will be rocking at a level that no ACC school can even contemplate (which is pretty obvious judging by the comments from the players)

3. BrianNo Gravatar
    September 8th, 2010 at 2:31 pm

We’ll be up in C deck Saturday in our war-paint and loudest voices!! GO BUCKEYES!! Beat the ‘canes!!

4. EricNo Gravatar
    September 8th, 2010 at 2:44 pm

If this article wasn’t an attempt to drive hits to the Sun Sentinel today I’ll eat my hat.

September 8th, 2010 at 2:46 pm

it got me fired up for the game so whatever its purpose, I will take it

5. Jeff in MDNo Gravatar
    September 8th, 2010 at 2:47 pm

My wife and I were at the USC game last year and it was so loud I could feel it in my chest! I’m taking my son to his first Buckeye’s game on Saturday! I guarantee we will get loud! Go Bucks!

6. BuckeyeSkiNo Gravatar
    September 8th, 2010 at 7:59 pm

Im gonna be a raving lunatic on saturday in section 26B, count on it!

7. WesNo Gravatar
    September 11th, 2010 at 8:54 pm

Great game today, but I thought it was very quiet. Off the top of my head, it was significantly quieter than Texas, USC, Michigan ’02 and ’06 and probably quieter than most Penn State/Michigan games that come to the shoe. I don’t know if it’s that students still aren’t in school or what, but it was pathetic today and I hope it’s not a foreshadowing of things to come.