This week you will all have the ability to see a number of our incoming frosh in different all-star games. When everyone gets excited about hats, you know it’s a good time…
Under Armour Game
The first game of the week will be the Under Armour Game. This game is really starting to take over as being the premier all-star game, obviously the ESPN television spot helps. The game takes place Wednesday @ 7 PM Eastern.
The Buckeyes have 3 current commits in this game and 4 guys on the watch list. On the commit list are Florida OLB/DE Ryan Shazier, Dayton Huber Heights Wayne star QB Braxton Miller, and Canton McKinley DE Steve Miller.
Others to watch are AVSM CB Doran Grant, Florida WR Jujuan Story, Florida CB Jabari Gorman, and Maryland ATH Darius Jennings
- Braxton Miller – He is going to get to show off what he can do against other top competition, and what he might have to bring early in the season next year, if he can land the starting spot. We will get to hear soon enough where he stands in the pecking order as he will be enrolling in the spring. Early word from practice is that Braxton has really showed well as a game manager, and understands when to tuck it and run, and when to stay in the pocket and deliver a strike.
- Doran Grant – This highly rated CB Is expected to make a declaration choosing between his two favorites Ohio State and Michigan State. (Many are calling for Ohio State, including me)
- Darius Jennings – Expected to be held out of the game due to a concussion, We are in his top 3, not expected to make a commitment.
- Steve Miller and Ryan Shazier - Hopefully we get the opportunity to see these two guys rush the passer and disrupting the opponents backfield.
- Jabari Gorman – Along with Grant he is also making a declaration. Most expect him to stay home somewhere in Florida, either Miami or Florida. Coaching changes could have that up in the air, and Shazier has really been in his ear, but a commitment for Ohio State would be a minor upset on this one.
- Jujuan Story – He is said to be making a late visit to OSU, currently a Florida commit.
Two Alabama commits might peek your interest as well being the two Ohio boys playing in the game LB Trey Depriest and OL Ryan Kelly (will not play due to injury in his last high school game).
2011 Army All-American Bowl Preview
On January 8, at noon on NBC, we’ll have 2 commits and 2 student athletes who are still in the running for the Buckeyes.
- IL OL Brian Bobek – Excited to see him live against top competition. So far there have been some very solid comments about Bobek in practice.
- Centerville DL Michael Bennett - He dominated against Ohio High school competition, we will get the opportunity to see it translate against tough competition.
Scarlet and Maybe?
- Glenville OL Audrey Walker - Walker will wait till very late in the recruiting cycle to make a decision, so I wasn’t expecting too much in terms of news, but already after 1 day of practice he has been the talk of the OL, and been buddy buddy with Michael Bennett.
- VA LB Curtis Grant - Don’t expect a commitment from him, during the game or a whole lot of talk as he still has visits to take.
Coming sometime next week we will have a write up of how all of our committs played from all three games.(Offense/Defense/ UA, Army) Also stayed tuned if there are any announcements or breaking recruiting news over the next week we will have you covered.