Giving us the low down from courtside, Joe is back with a look in from the win against MSU.
- The Schott was rockin! Lots of faces in the crowd: Mike Doss, Brian Brown, Bill Hoskett, controversial ESPN talking head Kirk Herbstreit, were the ones that I saw. Snookie and Miley Cyrus as well. Well, their big poster heads.
- I’m hearing that JD Weatherspoon should be back come Big Ten Conference time frame. He was in attendance tonight.
- Diebler is one three-ball away from tying the conference career record, and two from breaking it. West Lafayette, anyone?
- Nice bounce back after the loss to Wisky. Wisky is really becoming our most hated team. It wasn’t the fact that we lost a regular season game but moreso who we lost to. But I loved the point that was made, in that they are so happy about beating the #1 team in both football and basketball, but I would rather be the #1 team rather than beating the #1 team.
Click through to
Image from The Ozone's Dan Harker
- 23-29 from the free throw line. That is what a top team should do from the line. I like our improvement over the past two games in free throw shooting.
- We won by 10 even giving up 57% shooting. Too many easy looks.
- Craft is Mr. Hustle. Brings the crowd to his feet, more than any other 6′ white guy.
- Minutes, are still an issue. Matta was hit up all week with questions, he responded playing Dallas more, but that was more due to foul trouble. Thomas only saw the court for 3 minutes. Buford with 40, Diebler and Lighty with 39 and 38 respectively. I am giving up on spending blog space about it. Don’t think it will ever change.
- Is Jeff Boals not the most entertaining assistant coach in the country to watch on the sideline?
- Turnovers only 14 in our last two games. Doing that will win games come March.
- Continue to be a ton of NBA scouts at the games. Inside word is that Sully is top 3, Lighty maybe late 2nd, Buford late first early second, Diebler undrafted, Lauderdale undrafted.
- College officiating is really bad. Was bad both ways.
- Anyone catch the N-I-T! N-I-T! chant at the end?