Braxton Miller Injury Update

Written October 21st, 2012 by WVaBuckeye

The game with Purdue yesterday was frustrating enough for Buckeye fans even before one of the scariest moment’s I have witnessed happened to a Buckeye player. With :21 seconds left in the third and after a 37 yard run by Miller, he was thrown to the ground by Josh Johnson and laid motionless for a period of time.

Serious worry on the part of staff and Coach Meyer, Thank you Josh Winslow for a GREAT pic

I wasn’t able to attend the game yesterday and perform my Usher duties due to officiating late Friday night, but I can tell you that you could hear a pin drop in the Horseshoe. After they got him off the field they proceeded to take him to the lockerroom on a cart and eventually to the hospital for tests.

Twitter was on fire with tweets from myself asking someone to put a bullseye on #28 to my friend Roy Hall reminding all of us there is more to this than the game.

Roy did a great job with helping fans see the big picture here and went a long way in other tweets to show their faith that Kenny Guiton could get this done. As most fans stayed on twitter and combed through internet stories worrying about Braxton’s status, others took the time to honor Kenny and let him know we were behind him.

As the evening rolled on and information started to come out, people did their best to stay positive about the situation and finally an OSU spokesperson released info that Braxton was “symptom free” and would be released from the hospital soon:

Ohio State quarterback Braxton Miller left the game against Purdue late in the third quarter. He was taken to the Wexner Medical Center, on the campus of The Ohio State University, because of concerns of a possible concussion. He was examined – head, shoulders and neck – and he has been cleared. He is symptom free of all ailments and he is doing fine. He is in the process of being released from the hospital.

There were tweets that he was signing autographs at the hospital and that people could relax now, He even confirmed it late last night.

It’s great that he is okay, and whether or not the Buckeyes lose him for a week as they did wiuth Williams remains to be seen. One thing’s for sure, Kenny Guiton will have some time to enjoy his new found fame. Here’s my favorite that I tweeted yesterday.

On to PSU, Go Bucks!

October 21st, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Thanks for your perspectivre, WVa. Go Bucks, indeed.

2. Marilyn HamannNo Gravatar
    October 21st, 2012 at 1:10 pm

Thankful, first of all, Braxton is okay. Second, I’m quite proud of Kenny and the entire Buckeye team for not giving up! GO BUCKS!!

3. RyanNo Gravatar
    October 21st, 2012 at 2:19 pm

We learned a lot yesterday. Our team suffers from extreme highs and lows, and they need to do better of staying energized week to week. Everyone looked slow all day. The team does what is required for a win and nothing more. Sounds bad, but as long as we end in a W against all foes, who really cares. Kenny G is one of the best backup quarterbacks in college football. The guys on the field will rally when they need to. The defense will make a stand when the need to. The offense can score at will, when they really want to. Finally, Braxton’s health is so much more important than getting a few more yards on a run. So happy that he is well, and stay healthy.
    I would guess we’ll be seeing more Brax on Saturday. He is a guy that doesn’t quite and doesn’t slow down. I wouldn’t mind seeing him take a week off, but seeing his drive all year, I don’t think that will happen.

4. BethNo Gravatar
    October 21st, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Glad Braxton will be fine,Kenny and the whole team stepped up big time! To rally in the final minutes after it looked to be over. Braxton is awesome,but thdy should find a way to put Kenny in more too! Go Bucks!

5. WVaBuckeyeNo Gravatar
    October 21st, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts everybody, I am in the belief that Kenny was able to do what he did for TWO reasons. One – because of the type of young man he is first and foremost and TWO – the level of preparation this offensive staff has brought with them. I hope it is rubbing off on the D staff because they are hurting too.

6. Gene VolkerdingNo Gravatar
    October 22nd, 2012 at 12:00 am

I hope the coach is cautious and absolutely sure His prize quarterback is ok. This young man needs the right support which might mean keeping him out of the game.

7. fellow buckNo Gravatar
    October 22nd, 2012 at 10:31 am

Great news … get healthy Brax, your the only one on the team that can win some kind of trophy this year … i believe you all know what i’m talking about! Go Bucks!

8. PeterNo Gravatar