After the Bucks handled the Bulls 40-20 on Saturday, let’s see how many of our staff’s wishes came true. As always, thanks to Josh Winslow for the great photos!
- Juice - They definitely came out of the box this week with “The Juice”, however quarters 2, 3, and 4 I’m still wondering about.
- Front Seven - I’m not sure that the play of the Front Seven was enough to keep the B1G Offensive Coordinators awake at night but I think 90 total yards rushing and a sack is a good start.
- Special Teams - Two Muddle Huddles and two 2-point conversions…..enough said.
- That One Thing - No false starts… have they exorcised The Shugarts?
- No injuries – Mostly just cramps.
- Offensively, crisp execution with running and passing games – Running game was nice throughout the game but the passing game after quarter one left us scratching our heads
- Defensively, fundamentally sound tackling – Starting 9 newbies at defense and it defintiely showed.
- A win – A win for sure and, in my opinion, an ok showing for week One.
- The New Braxton Miller Show - Braxton definitely still has work, but I think we can all agree that it was an improvement from last year.
- Ryan Shazier Murderin’ QBs - You may want to wish for this again next week.
- OSU with at least double Buffalo’s Yardage - Not quite, but 460-258 isn’t anything to be ashamed of.
- Young guy playing time - Not even close.
- First and foremost - Not sure I would say improved but 9 new starters can do that to you.
- Let Braxton be Braxton - Not sure the runs were by design or not, but he definitely shoed his legs off today.
- Referring to number 2 - Nobody had more that 3 catches but 199 yards between 7 guys should keep you happy.
- Buffalo is the team to see what younger RB talent we have - Not so much with Ball, but Hall….absolutely impressive!
- Defense – Fury…….not sure if I would call it fury…….still not an absolutely horrible showing.
- CJ Barnett and Christian Bryant - Buffalo may be Buffalo but missing CJ and Roby definitely showed in the tackling department.
- Curtis Grant - We may want to revisit this at a later date?
- Offense – When it came to the backfield, it more like the Miller-Hall show!
- Move the line of scrimmage - At times it looked like the red seas parting for Hall to run through and then the were times where the LOS moved back five yards!
- XBrax360 version 2: Air raid - We definitely got to see a glimpse of the Air Raid but I don’t think that we have seen the full assault yet!
- Tackling 101 - Did the class start yet?
- Shutout - It wasn’t quite a shutout or dominant performance but it wasn’t an awful start. The pick 6 that Braxton threw made it look a little worse than what it was.
- Good tackling with proper technique - Beating a dead horse here!
- No more than two quarters of Braxton and the starters - That same horse is making a reappearance.
- Cameron Johnston blowing people away with his punting - Only Charles would love to see the punter! He did average 41.3 yards though!
- Three Yards and a Cloud of Ball - It wasn’t Ball, but it sure was Hall.
- Contain Oliver - Oliver had 26 for 76 yards. That was an average of 2.8 yards a carry. Considering Oliver’s talent, I consider this containing.
- Return Game - We didn’t necessarily see the Freshman speed, but the return game did look pretty speedy!
- Quarterback Pressure - Only one sack and very little pressure, but they stepped up when they had too.
- Buffalo Dip - Not a complete game, but I did enjoy the 1st Quarter Dip!!!!