If anything… This sure was Entertaining…
After an embarrassing blowout of FAMU….let’s check out how our wishes faired:
- Duel Threat – Carlos Hyde and Jordan Hall with 100 yards. Want to see Hyde get in there with the 1st O line and run over people. Sorry Hyde and Hall….this was Elliott’s day!
- Less Penalties – Penalties are killing this team and 75% of them are of the stupid variety. Much better here….only three!
- A special teams TD – No TD scored but they definitely setup TD’S!
- One Half – Braxton to play a half, just to knock the rust off. No Braxton…no problem
- Mix It Up – A good mixture of Wilson and Elliot late in the game. – Elliott definitely got his share with 162 yards.
- Tackling - I still believe that one day this hope will come true. – Improved!
- Did We Mention One Half? – No more than one half for Braxton and at least one quarter for Cardale – this is going to be a blowout so get Braxton out there long enough to shake off some rust and then get him back on the sideline, personally I’d prefer him only in for a quarter. Give Kenny one quarter or so and then bring on Cardale and the 3rd team. – Braxton missed out but Cardale got to show some of what he has!
- Touchdown? – A defense or special teams score- Not quite….
- No stupid penalties – Most penalties are stupid but we cut down on them.
- Focus – Consistent focus from the team, no looking ahead to next week – In a 76-0 game this team kept it’s focus.
- Figure It Out – Have it figured out what Kenny G will do in the regular offense. Hyde may be in dire straights because of his and Hall’s performances. My favorite quote from analysts is the offense is more efficient with Kenny G at the helm – Not much to figure out since Braxton didn’t play
- Leave Bosa Alone – Kid is going to be an AA defensive end. Turn him loose and find somewhere for Washington. – Consider him uncaged!
- To that remark – Play ALL of the twos and threes in this game. Would like to see Cardale take snaps finally – Welcome to the show Cardale
- El Guapo - Let’s see Carlos Hyde shake some dust and trample the Rattler defense. – Hyde knocked the rust and scored a TD!
- Braxton/Kenny - For me there is no “quarterback controversy”, this is Braxton’s team. If deemed healthy enough to start, I want to see Miller look sharp and in sync with his receivers. – Miller wasn’t healthy enough so it was Kenny G again this week.
- Take it to the house - Special teams and defensive touchdowns this week, 1 each. – Sorry…shutout here.
- Redshirt - Something to keep an eye on will be who does not see any action Saturday. – After seeing many reserves in this game you have an idea of who is redshirting!
- No False Starts – Looking at you, backfield… the Line held up their end of the bargain, we just need to keep the stable of horses in check. – Does this mean we won’t hear this again next week?
- Jalin Marshall – He’s Dontre 2.0, and it’ll be great to see him in action – He got to see a little bit of action.
- Cardale Jones – Two series of Braxton, four series of Kenny G, and then turn it over to a Tarblooder – Action for Kenny G and Jones makes this a 2 out of three wish come true…..Hey .667 is AMAZING if this was baseball!
- Healthy – Conference starts next week… it’s time to get things well adjusted and ready to rumble. – No major injuries for the starters but some freshman took some lumps.
- Swinging Gate – Why not give everyone something else to think about… we haven’t seen the extra point flair since game one. – Well we saw the flair…..but it was unsuccessful.
- Subbies Time – Let’s bring in the 2nd and 3rd team and give them some more playing time. Guiton’s 2 games are a great example of why you need players to have as much experience as possible. – Plenty of subs this game.
- Don’t Get Cocky – Just because this is expected to be a blowout doesn’t mean it will. Play solid fundamental football and bring home the W. (This is especially true if we build a big lead – don’t let up!) – Played hard and with Ohio State class!
- Commit. No. Damn. Turnovers. – Sorry…one interception
- Make. Them. Commit. All. The. Turnovers. On the upside we won the battle again.
- No missed tackles. – Improved tackling and it hopefully keeps improving.
- Shakin’ Off the Rust – A half of Braxton to shake off rust, a quarter of Kenny (just because) and a quarter of Cardale to get him game experience. – No rust knocking for Braxton
- Hello Carlos – At least a quarter, maybe a half of Carlos (see Brax, above) and at least 8-10 carries for Dontre. - Carlos got his touches but not so much for Dontre.
- No injuries. – Starters seem to escape this one.
- A Win – With 2nd half substitutions galore. – Check and check!
- Cardale Jones – That means we’ve got a major blowout which i think we all want to see. – A wish come true for all here!
First Blood For The Young Blood
- Valued experience for Newbies – I would love to see this team get some young offensive weapons some playing time as well as some very important defensive weapons of the future. – The second half got the newbies plenty of action.
- Special Teams Success – In a huge blowout, I hope that the special teams shows up and is part of the big win. – They showed up and they helped the cause!
- Carlos Hyde back on the Horse – It’d be nice to get him 20 carries, just so he can be ready for Wisconsin – Only five carries this time.
Check in next week for our Whiskey Wishes!