After the pummeling that the Aztecs took, let’s see how many of our wishes came true:
- Scrambled Legs - The only magic here is for Braxton to not have a serious knee injury to keep him out a long period of time.
- Swinging Gate – Nope, just the same old same old from the extra point team.
- Roby – 1 – Kenobi - Wouldn’t call this a stellar game but definitely Welcome Back!
- Tight Ends - 2 catches for Heuerman but still room for improvement here.
- Reading Rainbow - An early exit doomed this great wish from the beginning.
- Improved Blocking - I would say 263 yards rushing and only one sack is definitely an improvment.
- No Turnovers - Look on the bright side…..we cut the turnovers in half!
- Attacking Defense - We didn’t get the four interceptions but I would say that the 2 we got were quite nice.
- More EzE – Ezekiel only got six touches this week…..so I think this may need to wished for again next week?
- Continued Improvement - I think overall there was improvement but the 8 penalties is still too many.
- Hall Attack - Hall only had 75 yards this week, but I think Meyer was trying to get several running backs some touches.
- Big Plays -Kenny G certainly made great magic of his own… smooth!
- Massive Improvement - I would consider this a wish come true.
- Sense of Pass Rush - 3 sacks….not bad but more is better…..
- Stop Stupid Mental Mistakes - 8 penalties….really?????
- More Ron Tanner - Keep wishing…….
- Relax and Calm Down - I don’t think this will ever come true…..just saying.
- Come on Man - First TD of his career, much better game fumble wise, and the 10.2 yards per carry wasn’t too bad either!
- Getting the Small Things Right - Tackling may have been better but the mental mistakes are still there.
- More Playing Time – If you read the OSU message boards, this is one of the things that is confusing Buckeye fans- some of the “sure thing” Buckeye freshmen aren’t seeing action, while others are given an opportunity. Curious to follow.
- More from the Special Teams - 4 punts and plenty of PAT’s!
- Hall and Miller Show - Braxton’s injury left this to be the Guiton and Hall show!
- Bradley Roby - Once again, I wouldn’t say that he sent a message but him being on the field definitely made a difference.
- Dontre Wilson - Kept the football in his hands and scored a TD……check and check!
- An Intact, Full-Strength Defensive Backfield- Two interceptions and decent tackling…..I like!
- A Blistering Pass Rush – 3 sacks……wouldn’t call what we have going on blistering but better than last week.
- Dunn and the Tight Ends - Dunn got a few touches and a TD and Heuerman only had two receptions. I think we can envision more involvement for both on this offense.
- What’s Left - See Scott above…… We have high expectations!