Another week, another victim, and another round of wishes:
- Duel Threat – Carlos Hyde and Jordan Hall w 100 yards. Want to see Hyde get in there w the 1 O line and run over people.
- Less Penalties – Penalties are killing this team and 75% of them are of the stupid variety.
- A special teams TD
- One Half - Braxton to play a half, just to knock the rust off.
- Mix It Up - A good mixture of Wilson and Elliot late in the game.
- Tackling - I still believe that one day this hope will come true.
- Did We Mention One Half? – No more than one half for Braxton and at least one quarter for Cardale – this is going to be a blowout so get Braxton out there long enough to shake off some rust and then get him back on the sideline, personally I’d prefer him only in for a quarter. Give Kenny one quarter or so and then bring on Cardale and the 3rd team.
- Touchdown? - A defense or special teams score
- No stupid penalties
- Focus – Consistent focus from the team, no looking ahead to next week
- Figure It Out – Have it figured out what Kenny G will do in the regular offense. Hyde may be in dire straights because of his and Halls performances. My favorite quote from analysts is the offense is more efficient with Kenny G at the helm
- Leave Bosa Alone – Kid is going to be an AA defensive end. Turn him loose and find somewhere for Washington.
- To that remark – Play ALL of the twos and threes in this game. Would like to see Cardale take snaps finally
Spanish For “The Guapo”
- El Guapo - Let’s see Carlos Hyde shake some dust and trample the Rattler defense.
- Braxton/Kenny - For me there is no “quarterback controversy”, this is Braxton’s team. If deemed healthy enough to start, I want to see Miller look sharp and in sync with his receivers.
- Take it to the house - Special teams and defensive touchdowns this week, 1 each.
- Redshirt - Something to keep an eye on will be who does not see any action Saturday.
- No False Starts – Looking at you, backfield… the Line held up their end of the bargain, we just need to keep the stable of horses in check.
- Jalin Marshall – He’s Dontre 2.0, and it’ll be great to see him in action
- Cardale Jones – Two series of Braxton, four series of Kenny G, and then turn it over to a Tarblooder
- Healthy – Conference starts next week… it’s time to get things well adjusted and ready to rumble.
- Swinging Gate – Why not give everyone something else to think about… we haven’t seen the extra point flair since game one.
- Subbies Time - Let’s bring in the 2nd and 3rd team and give them some more playing time. Guiton’s 2 games are a great example of why you need players to have as much experience as possible.
- Don’t Get Cocky – Just because this is expected to be a blowout doesn’t mean it will. Play solid fundamental football and bring home the W. (This is especially true if we build a big lead – don’t let up!)
- Commit. No. Damn. Turnovers.
- Make. Them. Commit. All. The. Turnovers.
- No missed tackles.
- Shakin’ Off the Rust – A half of Braxton to shake off rust, a quarter of Kenny (just because) and a quarter of Cardale to get him game experience.
- Hello Carlos – At least a quarter, maybe a half of Carlos (see Brax, above) and at least 8-10 carries for Dontre.
- No injuries.
- A Win – With 2nd half substitutions galore.
- Cardale Jones – That means we’ve got a major blowout which i think we all want to see.
- Valued experience for Newbies - I would love to see this team get some young offensive weapons some playing time as well as some very important defensive weapons of the future.
- Special Teams Success - In a huge blowout, I hope that the special teams shows up and is part of the big win.
- Carlos Hyde back on the Horse - It’d be nice to get him 20 carries, just so he can be ready for Wisconsin — SORRY forgot this one!
The Pride Of The Buckeyes