Ohio State looks to continue their B1G win streak
- Old Habits Die Hard: Both Ohio State and Wisconsin have evolved as football programs from their antiquated profiles of 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Yet despite the shiny and remodeled images, The Buckeyes reverted to old school Big Ten football at times during the matchup against the Badgers. Jim Tressel would be proud.
- Roby Island: The defensive game plan for the Buckeyes became apparent early when Coaches Winters and Fickell loaded up the box and left Bradley Roby on an island for the majority of the game to quell Wisconsin’s run game. However effective with stopping the run for the most part, Bradley Roby got shredded when left to his own devices. He still managed to grab and INT but metal errors lead to the senior to be out of position, penalized and just embarrassed at times by Wisconsin’s Jared Abbrederis.
- Hall Pass: Offensively Coach Tom Herman admitted at the press conference Monday that he reverted back to old Habits as a play caller and should have gotten Hall more involved in the running attack. Even Braxton Miller, when put under pressure late in the game reverted back to his old habits and missed several “reads” as well.
- Health Nuts: With a few exceptions the Buckeyes are fairly healthy going into the second game of conference play against a bye week rested Northwestern team. The major injury was sustained by Senior Safety Christian Bryant breaking his ankle on the second to last defensive play of the game vs. the Badgers. Coach Meyer was visibly shaken at his post game press conference and still was unsure about Bryant making a comeback at all for the remainder of his college football career.
- Next Man Up: Right now Coach Coombs is naming Corey “Pittsburg” Brown as the likely replacement for Bryant although Tyvis Powell and Vonn Bell may also get a shot at the starting spot. The coaches will be watching their athletes closely at practice trying to strike a balance between pushing hard and keeping their athletes healthy for a well rested Northwestern team that excels at getting players open in space.
- Hello Kitty: The Wildcats are hosting the Buckeyes this Saturday at Evanston with Game Day in tow. The national scene may have initially considered the Wildcats to be an under the radar choice to clench the Big Ten Title but Big Ten fans and specifically Buckeye Fans have had this game marked on our calendars long ago. With head USC head coach Lane Kiffin being escorted off the team bus at LAX after the Trojans loss to Arizona State Saturday, Head Coach Pat Fitzgerald’s name has being tossed into the rumor mill of possibly replacements. All of these factors are adding up to another exciting B1G 10 matchup.