After a week off to work on some things, the Buckeyes host Iowa. Let’s see if the week off gave our staff some time to come up with decent wishes!
- Run Stopper - Iowa averages >200 yards rushing per game, 104 by Mark Weisman. We need to commit to shutting down Iowa’s running game. Because..
- Hello Secondary - Iowa’s sophomore QB, Jake Rudock is capable (200 YPG) but is also capable of throwing interceptions (1 per game). We need to force him to throw and make the ensuing mistakes. I wan to see him up to 40-45 attempts on Saturday afternoon.
- A Special Score - A Special teams and/or defensive TD. I would prefer both, but will take either/or.
- No injuries
- A Win
- Suckers - Buckeyes to run a fake punt. Hawkeyes are sucker for it.
- No Passing Allowed - Fewer than 200 passing yards allowed.
- Spread ‘em - lets see the offense spread, like Urban promised.
- Zero punts
- Zero field goals
- The G-Man - Kenny G
- Improved pass defense - Although Iowa doesn’t pose a great threat through the air, I want to see improvement for when Mr Hackenburg and Mr Robinson some a calling in two weeks.
- Passion - Braxton play with some passion and fire. He seemed uninspired to say the least in the first half at Northwestern. Zero turnovers and better reads is a must.
- The Horse - Carlos Hyde about 20 times. I’d love to see the numbers if El Guapo had played the first 3 weeks of the season.
- A Blowout - The Bucks need one. It’s time to start getting these “style points”.
- Better pass coverage - the secondary hasn’t had a great showing for the past two games, I want to see some evidence that they put the bye week to good use.
- Bounce back by Braxton - the Northwestern game was obviously not his best performance, I want to see him play with more confidence, take better care of the ball, and make better decisions.
- Get off to a fast start - OSU certainly didn’t do this against Northwestern and bye weeks can sometimes make teams rusty.
- Wilson Hall - Take the opportunity to get Hall and Wilson back in the mix. I believe well need them down the stretch to keep teams guessing what were going to do. Iowa will load up to stop Hyde.
- Keys - Give Braxton the keys to the car. He’s looked tentative at times when it’s a calls pass play because he’s wanting it to work. Sometimes it isn’t. If second level isn’t there he should go. He can be the most dynamic runner in college football
- Shoutout - I want to see this defense pitch a shutout. FAMU was easy, Iowa should be a team ripe for this D to go off and most especially Tommy Schutt. Turn them loose and let there be NO question who’s the best D
Brax To Normal?
- Stop the Run - If you can force sophomore quarterback Jake Rudock to put the balance of the game into his own hands, the defense is doing something right.
- Stop Weisman - More of the same, but we saw what Michigan State did to Iowa this weekend by stopping their star runner.
- Burn Em on Special Teams - Strong field position on returns early and often are a key to an easy victory at home.
- Strong Second Half - It’s not how you start, but how you finish (twss).
- No False Starts - Been off a week, so you might have some jumpiness stored up. Ignore that, and focus!
- Run To Daylight - Iowa hasn’t given up a rushing touchdown all year. Time to change that.
- No Heisman For Weisman - He’s their best weapon; control him the way Wisconsin and Northwestern’s running backs were kept in check.
- Tighten Up - Iowa has great tight ends, and gets them involved in play action. Let’s see our safeties and linebackers take care of business, and our defensive front put excellent pressure on Rudock.
- Ignite The Inferno- If you’re headed to the game, be sure to give the Buckeyes a Home Field Advantage. Ohio State crowds are some of the best, as we saw against Wisconsin and even at Cal and Northwestern. Make The ‘Shoe a place where other teams’ dreams go to die.
Check back on Monday to see how many wishes came true!