Penn State comes to town Saturday night. With that brings a roudy crowd and some rowdy wishes. Let’s check ‘em out:
None of this, thank you.
- Cover tight ends - James and Carter are averaging 4 receptions per game, 12 YPC
- Same goes for WR Robinson - He’s a playmaker, we need to make sure he doesn”t
- Uptempo Offense - Run their defense ragged for 4 quarters
- No injuries
- A Win
- Push the defense to man up and play shutdown - Take chances with the TEs and leave the three LBs in there for coverage instead of the “penny” hurting wo Bryant
- Continue to grow offensively - Keep the pace of riding who is getting us there with Carlos and Braxton but keep mixing the playmakers in.
- Destroy Hackenberg - Make him wish he hadn’t come to PSU. Turn the front 7 loose and go give him a reason to get rid of the ball quicker. Our Dline has looked block able of late
Public Enemy Number One
Ohio State-ment – It’s time for the Buckeyes to put their foot on the gas for four quarters against a name opponent with the country watching. Do they belong in the title game talk? Here’s their shot to say emphatically say “yes”.
- Silver Bullets - To achieve my first objective, this one needs drastic improvement from the coaches box to the secondary.
- Bradley Roby - Roby has left piles of NFL money on the field this season. Time to earn some of it back by shutting down Allen Robinson.
- Blitz - Christian Hackenberg is young and has never played in an environment like he is going to see on Saturday night. This cannot be his national coming out party. Blitz this kid from the second he walks off the bus.
- Defense, defense, defense - Yes, they are young. But if it wasn’t for the defense giving up a lot of points, I believe OSU would be No. 2 in the polls, where they started the season.
- At least 50 points on offense - Who cares if we make some Nittany Lions fans mad. Need a big win on a national stage.
- Pressure the QB - Make Hackenberg spend more time on his back than a Kardashian sister.
- Longsnapper boredom- No punts, No field goal attempts
- Major improvement in pass defense - We know PSU will/can throw the ball and have better weapons than Iowa did last week.
- My Hyde - 25-30 carries for the big guy. You have the best O line in the country and a top 5 back…ride him. It also keeps your defense off the field and fresh.
- Continued improvement from Braxton - Saturday showed why Braxton was the Heisman favorite when the season started. Let’s see more of that.
- Less stupid penalties - It seems as though this is a continued theme. The roughing the kicker penalty could’ve been bad. The stupid penalties are a matter of discipline and have to stop.
- A blow out - Time for the Bucks to start crushing people.
- Improved tackling - I thought I was going to be done with this one by now.
- Better pass coverage - especially on the tight ends.
- Good start by the offense - this is a night game and the crowd will be pumped but the team needs to get off to a good start in order to keep them fired up and in the game
- TBDBITL - TBDBITL showing up the Penn State band
- No False Starts - Please?
- Sackenberg - Presser on Penn State’s QB will not only slow down their passing game, but also may shift his decision making
- The Legacy Continues - They don’t call it Pick Six U for nothing… when Ohio State does it, they win. AND, we haven’t had a Pick 6 this season.
- Red Zone Return - Against Northwestern and Iowa, defensive “Cover 0″ has slowed down the Buckeye attack…
- On The Fly - Penn State is the third of four straight Ohio State opponents who face the Buckeyes after a bye week. The team will see “new wrinkles”, and needs to do a better job at getting back into their gameplan before halftime.
In the comments, be sure to tell us what we’re missing!