There was no bad luck this time around as the Buckeyes pounded the Boilermakers 56-0……….but did our wishes have the same good luck? Let’s check it out:
Early And Often
- Another Statement Win - Big plays, Big Stops on defense, and a performance that keeps the Buckeye in the National Championship talks. An absolutely huge statement made with a 56-0 win.
- Boiled Up - I want to see two straight weeks of freshman quarterback frustration. How about 2 early turnovers to put this game away for good. A pick 6 on the second play of the game set the tone for the Boilermakers frustrations.
- More Wilson - Man is that kid fast! I hope to see a heavy dose of him in the running and passing game. Only 23 yards rushing but it was from a lack of effort in getting him the ball.
- Double Tight – I have Lots of love for our big play tight ends. Id love to see one of the two hit paydirt Saturday. Hello Heuerman……116 yards and a TD!
- Exorcism- Ross-Ade Stadium is a house of horrors for Ohio State; the Buckeyes are winless there in their past two visits. Time to cleanse those demons… Consider the exorcism complete!
- Tricks And Treats- While I believe that Ohio State’s offense can manage yardage against the Boilers running pretty basic aspects of their playbook, it would be interesting to see some “wrinkles” that the last three opponents will need to spend time preparing for. How about the use of a Tight End for a wrinkle????
- Reap The Harvest- Still no defensive score other than Bosa’s “Flop 6″ against Northwestern? They’re ripe for the picking… It only took two plays to make this come true thanks to Doran Grant.
- World War Z- Let’s get the young Bucks involved early and often… ‘Zeke needs a TD or two to make up for the one he had taken away last week. Zeke got his TD……although it came through the air, it still counts!
- Things That Don’t Jump In The Night (or day)- Two false starts last week, including one on a freaking extra point. C’mon, man! Finally got this one!
- Escape Purdue unscathed – We all know how west Lafayette has treated us.Pitched a shutout!
- More El Guapo - Ride the beast. No TD’s but 111 yards!
- Improved pass rush - Defense looked much improved against PSU. No letdowns. Another great defensive effort here!
- Special teams TD. Sorry….not this week.
Runs AND Flies?
- El Guapo – More and more. I love watching him run. The kid keeps on trucking!
- 300 – How about 300 yards in the air for Braxton? 233 still makes for a good day!
- Shut out – It’s tough to shut teams out in college football these days. But, another frosh quarterback should be ripe for the picking. Oh yeah baby!
- Take it to the house – Special teams and/or defense score a touchdown. It’s been too long. No special teams TD but the pick 6 was awesome!
- Defense Part Duex -Got a decent glimpse of the type of work the defense can put in and let’s face it, that PSU o-line was really bad. They need to not underestimate what the game means to Purdon’t and put it to them – shutout city They must have listened to your pep talk Wva!
- Keep on Rolling – The versitlity the offense is beginning to show needs to keep increasing. The discussion of Braxton in the Heisman race after missing almost three whole games is silly, had he not missed those he would be right there. Another performance matching last weeks may allow him to be a dark horse. 56 points and spreading the wealth!
- Taking Care of Business – Take care of business and be nasty, we say a great example of how that o-line can go to town with Mewhort and Linsley pancaking d-linemen on the same play! Get after them and show how nasty they can be The offense keeps on trucking!
- No let up - This will be a big test of the team’s focus and attitude after coming off a big win in a major primetime game. Purdue is bad but I want to see the team come out and play like they did against Penn State. With two more easy games coming up before Michigan, it is important that this team is still taking it only one game at a time. The pick 6 definitely set the tone and fired these guys up to keep them from letting down!
- Allow less than 10 points - The defense had their best game of the season against Penn State, want to see them keep it up this week and would love to see a shutout but I expect Purdue will come up with a garbage time score against the second or third string defense. I think zero is less than ten????
- No injuries None that I am aware of?
- TBDBITL blowing people away on the road The band never is a let down!
Might As Well Jump
- Blowout city - the Buckeyes played themselves out of the title picture by not blowing teams away. Lets get back in the title hunt with another laugher. 56-0!
- Defense - see above See above!
- Urban’s Offense? – continue to evolve. Carlos Hyde is a beast. But let’s see some other guys get some work. Still have not seen much spread to this offense. 11 different receivers got action this week!
- A win Not a problem here!
- 1st Team Shut-out - Purdue’s offense is gawdawful. OSU should carry over their PSU effort and blank Purdue How about a whole team shutout!
- Which leads to shutting down Akeem Hunt - He has 55% of their rushing yardage and 17% of their receiving yardage. Hold him to less than 70 yards total offense. Hunt was kept 34 total yards!
- Early Exit - Start to empty the bench in the 3rd quarter;the game should be out of hand by then. This was technically out of hand after the second play.
- No Injuries
- A Win Again….not a problem here!
- No Purdue Harbor 3 CHECK!
Our staff is looking good after this past week but a bye week this could stop our momentum. Check back in two weeks to see our wish list against Illinois!