As I am typing this, we are currently sitting at two commits in Eric Glover-Williams and Jamal Dean for the 2015 class. I have been saying there is not a need to panic and I am still saying it. We are in on so many national recruits that I refuse to look at it in any other way. Now if we are at two recruits in October or November, I’m sure my outlook would change.
I thought I would touch on a few recruits that I think end up in this class:
- Darius Fullwood – A Defensive End out of Olney, MD where he plays at Good Counsel HS. At 6’3 and 230lbs, he has the frame to grow and the motor that Coach Johnson loves. It also helps that this has been a recruiting hot bed for Johnson in the past.
- Sh’mar Kilby-Lane- The very gifted Linebacker out of Hallandale, FL is very high on The Buckeyes and the feeling is mutual. I could see this being over by the end of summer if nothing changes (which is always a possibility).
- Van Jefferson – This seems to be the big Wide Receiver that is coveted by Urban Meyer. At 6’3 and 190lbs he has the height and the pedigree of an NFL father (Shawn Jefferson) who played 12 years at the same position as his son. I’m surprised this is still going on to be honest as I have always felt he was an Ohio State lean.
- Jerome Baker – This is a Cleveland, Oh recruit and arguably the #1 recruit in Ohio this year. There has been some debate as to whether he plays Running Back or Linebacker and at 6’1 205lbs he is a physical specimen that will be lining up for the Buckeyes when it’s all said and done. It may take a little while but in the end, I see him as ALL BUCKEYE!
- Austin Clark – The young OL stands 6’5 and 295lbs. This prediction is going against most insiders that feel he will announce to Tennessee on June 12th. I think this is a real possibility even if others disagree. Come on Big Man, come on over to the Good Guys!!
- Elijah Taylor – The outstanding DT out of Cincinnati Moeller was long thought a sure ND commit. But as I tweeted two weeks ago Coach Larry Johnson has made up ground and I will go out on a limb and say he will be a Buckeye also. This young man is a High Motor kid that Coach Johnson loves, not to mention that Taylor and HIS parents have been really impressed with Coach Johnson.
A few tidbits that might interest you:
Buckeyes offered four kids from TSUN this past week, includig: 2016, RB Matt Falcon out of Southfield (we were his first offer), 2016 Detroit Cass DT, Michael Onwenu and his teammate, 2017 Wide Receiver, Donovan Peoples-Jones.
- Looks like the Ben Edwards commitment will not go down without a fight from the Buckeyes. Coach Tim Hinton was at his high school (Trinity Christian) in Jacksonville, FL on Friday…keep on recruiting!!!
- Here’s another name who we were on that committed to FL. Well it looks like Marcus Lewis will be receiving a visit from Ohio State. He is a 6’1 and 190 DB who we wanted badly??????
- Coach Hermann did go west last week to watch Sheriron Jones and Travis Waller workout and throw. He actually stayed for all of Waller’s Spring Practice; video recorded it and sent it on the Urban. He then called Hermann on Sunday and says it was a great conversation but no offer as of yet.
- Enter Joe Burrow, Dual-Threat QB from Athens, Oh. He does not play against top flight completion, but believe me he can play. He has offers from Virginia Tech, NC State, Maryland and Boston College so he is being noticed. I think though if he ends up at Ohio State it will be as a Plan B recruit.