Amidst all of the revelry from last night (hoops win, amazing bowl game, good news from All American practices, traditional end of year festivities), we asked the staff to come up with some resolutions that members of the Ohio State football and basketball programs should adapt for 2014. Just for giggles, we’ve added a “wild card” where people could either make another “suggestion” or publicly announce one of their own.
Let’s see what they came up with:
Legend In The Making
- I, Curtis Grant, do hereby resolve to live up to the reputation that preceded my arrival at THE Ohio State University. I will step into the limelight and make sure people don’t miss Ryan Shazier next season.
- “I, Urban Meyer, do hereby resolve to maintain a healthy perspective and work-life balance in order to keep from getting burned out while starting a new winning streak.”
- “I, Luke Fickell, do hereby resolve to spend the off-season getting my head out of my tuchas and learning how to coach defense”.
- “I, Bryce Haynes, do hereby resolve to become the first longsnapper to win the Heisman trophy, even though I’ll have less than three snaps on punts the entire 2014 season.”
- “I, Braxton Miller, do hereby resolve to spend the off-season learning how to actually ‘read’ the zone-read play for 2014″.
- “I, Joey Bosa, do hereby resolve to build on my freshman season and spend the off-season becoming the best defensive tackle in college football.”
- “We, the running backs remaining at The Ohio State University, resolve to spend this spring and summer training and working as hard as possible and then even harder to replace Carlos Hyde and ensure the position is a massive strength and loaded with depth in 2014″. Read More