Well, the first holiday weekend of the summer is soon upon us. Memorial Day reminds us of those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, and also that there are still people who savor their Constitutional right to be wrong. Words matter, people. At any rate, today’s tune is just a little something appropriately mournful and full of the promise that fills the coming months.
Awesome. Not BBQ, though.
- It’s Thad-Tastic- Tuesday’s Heat/Pacers game was exciting to watch, but you’ve got to think it meant something a little extra to Ohio State’s Tad Matta, who was on hand in Indianapolis to watch Evan Turner and Greg Oden
helped watched their teams battle to head to the NBA finals
- Somewhere, Ken Sheds A Tear- As if life in Buffalo weren’t difficult enough, the sadness increased Tuesday with the announcement that Kenny Guiton wouldn’t be tendered an offer to join the proud Bills franchise. It’s not known what’s next for Smooth Jazz, although he’d talked about rejoining the Buckeye staff as a graduate assistant at some point.
- Well, No Spit- Should Guiton be included as a GA, his glamorous role might just include spitting on Jeff Heuerman’s hands. Seriously.
- No Fulmer Points- At least I don’t think that you get any for having a walkon arrested for underaged consumption.
- The Good News? We’re talking about walkons with MIP issues in the offseason… sure is better than 2011 (drives north, knocks on everything)
- Woody’s Greatest Moment- Not the national titles or Heisman trophies… his being invited to speak at commencement, which was honored by National Public Radio as one of the greatest ever. But of course it was.
- Dog Days Of Summer- Live in Columbus? Seen an adorable white Husky puppy roaming around, possibly trucking people in Purdue shirts? You know what to do, Buckeye Nation: