We’re in uncharted waters here… it’s really an odd feeling to have a game after THE GAME. If you’re heading to the game, be sure to check out a great blues bar downtown… these guys are playing this weekend!
Trophy… bullet… either way
- Meaningful Awards- Clair gave you the lowdown on the All Conference awards on Tuesday morning; later that afternoon, the Offensive, Defensive, Freshman, and Coach of the Year accolades were handed out. Braxton repeated as the Offensive Player of the year, while Shazier was snubbed for Defensive POTY to Wisconsin’s Borland. The annual “Exceeded Expectations” award for Coach of the Year went to Michigan State’s Mark Dantonio. I actually don’t disagree with this, and am happy for ‘Dino, but am wondering if a Buckeye Coach will ever win this award- Cooper didn’t, Tressel didn’t, and now Meyer hasn’t after two undefeated seasons.
- Got You Covered- Hey, if you happen to see a copy of this week’s Sports Illustrated at the store, can you pick one up for me? It’s Braxton’s third cover, and even it’s a regional one, it’s still pretty awesome (note: I retract that comment if the SI Jinx bites OSU on Saturday). Best part of the cover, as the guys at Eleven Warriors pointed out- Braxton is wearing his gold pants in The Game. Like a Boss.
- Got You Covered, Part Two- If you’re headed to Indy, here’s what’s waiting for you for what I’m sure will be a fair price. tBBC’s Patrick will be on scene covering the festivities, and our friend Janelle will be there as a part of her internship as well. Stay tuned!
- It Ain’t Braggin’- Speaking of the B1GCG, the matchup with Michigan State is going to be spectacular, and the Spartans are ready for it. I’ve joked with friends that one of the things that worries me about this is that OSU has been preparing all season to win a national title while MSU has been focused specifically on beating Buckeyes. You can hear some of that in quotes from the defensive backs, calling for a “no fly zone” and saying that any ball in the air belongs to them. Connor Cook also mentioned on Monday that watching the Michigan games made him excited to play the Buckeyes, and that he’d be “licking his chops” at thinking about going against the tarnished Silver Bullets. This season, the Spartans have certainly backed it up with excellent play on the field… like I said, this is going to be a spectacular matchup.
- Not Convinced? Just watch this: Read More