Life is full of decisions. Sometime soon (Friday?) we’ll get the official word that LaQuinton Ross has decided to head to greener pastures… but until then, here’s the soundtrack for our midweek musings.
- Receiving Praise- Coach Meyer talked on Tuesday about the need for the receiving corps to be a strength of the team, and highlighted Devin Smith, Corey Smith, Michael Thomas, and Johnnie Dixon as players who were standing out. Jeff Greene is working hard as well, but has some catching up to do. Dontre Wilson is in the “H” position full time now, and has put on the weight necessary to be successful this season.
- We Are The Champions- After Saturday’s scrimmage, Tyvis Powell and Nick Vannett joined Pat Elflien as those who graded out with a “champion” mark. Elflien has also earned the starting right guard spot, according to Meyer. The center position is a “toss up” between Jacoby Boren and Billy Price, according to coach Tom Herman
- Getting Defensive- The defense “won” the scrimmage this past weekend, and Meyer said that the Fickell/Ash process is going well.
- Those Who Can’t, Teach- Braxton is being used to help groom the younger quarterbacks, including breaking down and grading their practice footage. Cardale still is taking the majority of reps at the position, but the others are coming along, according to Tom Herman.
- Running On Empty? Not a chance, with the backfield being a source of strength for Ohio State this season. That being said, the coaches spoke about how the offense will look different- losing four starting linemen and El Guapo will do that to you. Rod Smith had a good Tuesday practice, and EzE is still showing some “freshman moments”. Read More