Greetings from the Windy City… the family vacation continues, and we’ve survived a trip to the Mitten State That Sucks. Today’s soundtrack is my wife’s favorite song about Carl Sandburg’s home.
- My New Favorite Recruit- Sure, he’s only been a Buckeye for a little while, but Tyler Green (seen on the right there reminding a certain program of who owns them) has worked his way into my heart with his wardrobe and actions at the Michigan football camp on Tuesday. We need to get him better socks, though…
- Congrats! to the Ohio State Men’s and Women’s athletes of the year, wrestler and all around badass Logan Steiber and rower/person you’d want to be on the Titanic with Catherine Shields!
- Paying It Forward- Malcolm Jenkins a finalist for a prestigious award as well… who knew “laying the wood on people who go across the middle” was deemed humanitarian.
- Name Game- Soo… I guess that we’ll have to use a lot of last names in Ohio area elementary schools in the coming years, since everyone will have the same first one.
- On Track- Congrats, too, to Coach Karen Dennis, who was named the coach of the entire running program at Ohio State; Men’s and Women’s track AND cross country. This is similar to the Hockey program at OSU, where one person provides leadership for both opportunities.
- Soccer Fever- Your humble correspondent is watching the World Cup alongside the rest of the world… and (as Crew fans know) Columbus is a pretty decent home for “the international game”. Would you go to a game in the ‘Shoe, or would that be sacrilegious?
Across The NCAA