Hopefully you’re either recovering from the long weekend or making plans for the next one… as an educational moment, though, be sure to know what you’re doing. As for me, I had a great weekend up above the treeline and enjoying some music that made me remember my college days… so, it’s also your soundtrack.
Memorial Day for the Buckeyes
As I studied the statistics from year #1 to year #2 at Meyer’s three previous colleges, I noticed that the rushing offense and scoring offense improved at all three programs. Outside of those statistics, it’s hard to recognize any trends.
Good news for OSU fans… bad news for the B1G.
- Sadder News- Former Ohio and Ohio State coach Tom Lichtenberg passed away on Sunday after a fight with cancer. He was 72. A coach under Earl Bruce, one tie he has to the current team is that one of his former graduate assistants is now the head coach. Thoughts and prayers to the Lichtenberg family.
- Uniformity? Since we didn’t have any major bombshells this Memorial Day Weekend (thank God), it was good to see that Buckeye Nation was all atwitter about the possibility of going full Oregon this fall in terms of costume selection. We know for a fact that there will be a change in the uniforms this year (it’s been a while, and it’s a good time to
capitalize on what’s sure to be an epic season by making new jerseys that will sell and make money for everyone but the players have the new staff put their mark on the program), but I’m hoping that we’ll get a little more Eddie and Orlando rather than Phil Knight’s other monstrosities.
- Some Recruiting News- The Nation’s top quarterback put out his list, and Ohio State is in the final five; Kyle Allen has plans to make it to Columbus this summer. Also, this weekend is the Nike Elite 11 and NFTC Camps, so there will be a number of top tier athletes on campus. They won’t be able to meet with coaches while they are at camp, however… unless they set up unofficial visits, which is what #1 overall 2014 player DaShawn Hand and top 2015 recruit Tim Settle have elected to do. Stay tuned.
- Troll Tide- Today, the SEC discussed the move to 9 conference games, a decision that would take away some of the cherished home games that SEC fans are packing the stadium to see. Alabama coach Nick Saban seems to be behind the idea, although in his comments regarding SEC strength of schedule was this fantastic gem:
How many (of the SEC’s top 6 programs) would Ohio St have beaten? Would they have won 3? I don’t know.
It’s always nice to know that someone is thinking of you, right? Anywho, as you can imagine, the response was pretty interesting: Spencer Hall brought his usual crack-analysis (why the UC photo at the top, though?), while other voices brought a bit more reason into the discussion. At any rate, with Coach Meyer talking openly about the Tide and Saban having his mind on the doin’s up in Columbus… this is going to be a hell of a season.
- “I Wanna Go Back To Ohio State, To Old Columbus Town…” Silverman’s work this week reminds us of yet another reason why: Read More