I apologize. I googled “songs about Iowa” and this came up. Yeah, it’s pretty much what you’d expect. Here’s a palate cleanser… also from Iowa.
Don’t Bring A Bow To A Gun Fight
- Injury Update- Tommy Schutt is indeed back in the rotation, and Jordan Hall is healthy enough to see time on special teams. One interesting note from Wednesday Afternoon- Braxton said that his knee is getting better, but still creates some problems for him when he cuts; he doesn’t feel 100% as of yet. Clair was right on Tuesday!
- Getting Wrinkly- Coach Meyer talked about Ohio State unleashing some new wrinkles on offense after the bye week. My current status? Giddy.
- Get A Grip- Braxton addressed the “fumblitis” from Northwestern, and talked about the efforts he’s made over the past week to protect the ball and keep it closer to his body. The coaching staff even had him holding it during stretching to get the point.
- Hyde, If You Dare- Carlos seemed more than a little excited in Wednesday’s interviews, saying that he was finally “100% back”, and looked forward to the remaining games of the season. Coach Meyer highlighted his leadership since his return, and said that Iowa’s description of Hyde being a “beast” was cool.
- Trench Warfare- Iowa’s defense hasn’t given up a rushing touchdown, while Ohio State’s offensive line is a strength of the team. It’ll be a game that will make Woody proud, and one that Cory Linsley highlighted as something that the front was really looking forward to.
- Secondary Matters- Pittsburgh Brown talked about the need to be smart against play action when facing the Hawkeyes, as well as opened up about the defensive back’s communication improvements since some of the errors during the Wisconsin game.
- Like A Bosa- Freshman Joey Bosa is listed as the starter against Iowa, with Adolphus Washington healthy enough to see meaningful time as well. Jason talked earlier about this- what would a “NASCAR” package like some NFL teams have gone to look like for the Buckeyes? Bosa, Washington, Bennett, and… maybe Jamal Marcus?
- By Oden’s Knees! Buckeye Greg Oden is trying another comeback, this time with the Miami Heat. Bad news, though- the Heat, who are monitoring his knees on a daily basis, have held him out of practice with some slight swelling. Hopefully, their proactive efforts will help Greg finally get his time in the spotlight.
- This Week In Silverman- Great reminder from the graphic design wizard at Ohio State: Read More