No matter what you might hear over the next few days, we’d never leave you for Austin.
Sure they’ve got great barbecue and music and… you know, on second thought… Nah. It’s always a great day to be a Buckeye- and there’s only one place in Texas that I’d be interested in going to anyway.
- Good Works? Swoon- Hey, our favorite senior point guard has been nominated for the AllState Good Works Team. No word on whether or not this gives him three “Get out of a foul” cards in B1G play, though.
- Awards? Not So Fast- Well, not only did the Buckeyes end up on the short side of the scoreboard on Saturday, they’re also getting shut out in the “National Awards” category. First, the Heisman folks decided to invite everyone in the world to the ceremony this Saturday… everyone, that is, except the Buckeyes’ #5. Given some of his struggles over the past few weeks, this is somewhat understandable. What’s not understandable, though, is linebacker Ryan Shazier losing out on the Butkus Award, which went to Alabama’s CJ Mosely. Here are the stats, courtesy of MotSaG’s Sylvester Yon Rambo: CJ Mosley- 57 solo tackles, 102 total tackles, 9 TFL, ZERO sacks. Shazier- 95 solo tackles , 135 total tackles, 23.5 TFL, 7 sacks.
- Maybe Later? Some Buckeye-ish Butkus Award news, as OSU target Raekwon McMillan was awarded the honor as the nation’s best high school linebacker for this past year.
- Want To Be Depressed? Read Ross Fulton’s review of the offensive (in more ways than one) scheme from Saturday over at Eleven Warriors.
- The Only Thing Uglier- Would be if the good Mr. Yost followed through on his words.
- Clem, Son- The Buckeyes are favored by most “wager-tastic” sites in this year’s Orange Bowl, while rumors persist that the “over” may be set at a “gorillion”.
- Taking Your Talents To South Beach? If you’re gonna’ get Floridian over the New Year, tickets can be bought via the University or much much less expensively via our TiqIQ site… starting around $40. Remember, folks- the University is on the hook to pay for a certain amount of these; if they don’t sell, that funds from your athletic department that go tax free to the Orange Bowl. Our friend at the Wiz of Odds has always had the best coverage on this fiasco.
- Getting Contested- Hey, don’t forget to join our Bowl Contest! Heck join Bacon’s, too… the more the merrier!
- Well, Gee- Sure, West Virginia… you can borrow him for a while. Remember, though, overalls and bow ties don’t look good together.
- Perspective- We all wish that the Buckeyes would have emerged victorious, but Woody gives us wisdom that transcends: Read More