Somehow, we managed to avoid burning our eyebrows off during Monday’s festival of lighter fluid and are still able to get you thought hump day with the scoop across college sports.
You're gonna' want to jot this down
- Vested Interest- Hopefully you were able to check out our Monday series honoring Coach Tressel, particularly the articles from those who knew him on and off the field. What we missed, though, was the words of the man himself. Luckily, though, Doug Lesmerisis gave us an article tonight that did just that, as Tressel reflects on the last 12 months of change in his life. As you can imagine, though, there’s a lot of “Senator Speak”- polite words, nothing revealing… and to be honest, it made me miss him even more.
- Say Seis- Today, the good folks at Athlon emailed us to let us know that they were releasing their pre-season rankings, and the Buckeyes came in at number six. Not in the conference, in the country. Sweeter still? A certain group of “Sun and blue” folks find themselves at number seven. Check out the totality of Athlon’s coverage, and feel free to forward it to any mitten state friends you might have.
- Getting Rank- Speaking of arbitrary numbers, Rivals updated their top 100 recruits in the country this morning, and lo and behold the Buckeyes find themselves with 4 in the top 50 and three in the top 20. Other B1G schools have two top 50 recruits combined, and no other school has three in the top 20. Not that there’s not room for growth, but that’s yet another handy thing to send north via the interwebs.
- That Being Said- All of you knuckleheads who have taken it upon yourself to act more childish than the young adults who do stupid things from their unformed prefrontal cortex… knock it the hell off. You are SOOOOO not helping.
- That Being Said, Part Deux- Illinois HS standout and rumored OSU lean Ethan Pocic gave his verbal to LSU today. You know what they say about the grass being tastier and all that.
- Where Credit Is Due- Hats off to the Ohio State men’s tennis doubles pairing and women’s crew boat for winning national titles last weekend. I would have led with this earlier, but everyone knows that OSU is a tennis and crew school.
- Speaking Of Boats- This news allows me to be among the last to link to this.