Well, that game was more than a little interesting. It’ll be hard to gauge this team over the next week, and I’m certain many are going to be expecting bad things in Coral Gables. Let’s see what the staff wanted to see again, and how much of it actually came to be.
- More of the same. I certainly don’t think we can qualify the entire game as “more of the same” as Akron. That first drive was a thing of beauty, but the rest of the game was a fight the whole way.
- New wrinkles. Nothing particularly new here, nope.
- Ebner Touchdown. Would it be too much to ask? For this game, apparently so.
- No False Starts. Shugarts took care of this one, and not in the good way.
- Continued QB play like the we saw this past Saturday. Miller never saw the field, and Bauserman didn’t have quite the same day he did against Akron. Though 16/30 for 189 yards and a touchdown isn’t bad.
- More speed from our team. We had our moments – such as Chris Fields’ punt return – but for the most part, I don’t think we saw a lot of speed anywhere.
- Big Plays. Outside of Fields’ return, the longest play was of 36 yards – one of which was Hyde’s first touchdown run.
- A three to four touchdown win. So much for that.