Time for the wrap up of college football news, updates from Coach Fickell’s Tuesday press conference and other notes from college football
Southern Indiana Is Beautiful This Time Of Year
- Captain, My Captain- Since it’s been a year of mystery in this department, why not make things even more interesting by not naming captains thus far in the week. As far as we’re concerned, we’re going with Brewster and Boom, Simon and Sweat.
- Fickell Speaks- Coach opened up by discussing the atmosphere at the ‘Shoe, and gave credit where credit was due,
I wasn’t sure if it was my heart that was pounding or the screams from the crowd, but it was an unbelievable atmosphere, unbelievable experience, just to be a part of something obviously a game like that. But that’s what Ohio State football’s all about.
And I just want to say thank you to all the fans, the students, everybody that made that such a special night.
- Injury Update- No news is good news, as was the news today that Philly Brown is doing much better and continues to rehab his ankle.
- Youth Movement- Coach Fickell discussed playing so many freshman, and said that it didn’t make sense to try to “save” student athletes for the future, and pointed to this week’s pregame speaker as someone who had redshirted and left after their junior year.
- Learning Opportunity- There was discussion of the possibility of looking past Indiana, and of wanting to rest on the successes of the win against Wisconsin. Coach Fickell was very honest that there were still a lot of mistakes, particularly in the last minutes of the game on the defensive side of the ball.
- For Instance- Philly Brown mentioned after practice that there was confusion about the play call during Braxton’s TD toss, and that they were running “playground routes”.
- Spring In Their Step- We discovered the message and tenor of Buckeye alum Shawn Springs’ message to the team prior to the game- “You’re Ohio State, it’s time to start acting like it… bring back the swagger.” Read More