Welp, here we are Buckaroos… the Basket Bucks and Football version both have two game losing streaks. Nevertheless, there’s great things happening in Columbus…. give this a listen as we dive right in.
- Choose Wisely- Amidst the chaos of the past week or so in Ohio State shootyhoops, it might be easy to miss that Aaron Craft (swoon) has been named a finalist for the Wooden Cup, a great award that recognizes on and off court performance and certainly doesn’t look anything at all like I thought it might.
- n00bs- Ohio State welcomed seven new Buckeyes earlier this month, as the January enrollees began their steps toward their scarlet and gray legacies. So, it’s now officially OK to start getting excited about QB Stephen Collier, LB Raekwon McMillan, OL Kyle Trout, OL Marcelys Jones, WR/DB Curtis Samuel, K Sean Nuernberger, and WR Johnnie Dixon
- Coaching Hires- The biggest news on Tuesday was the conclusion of the Ohio State coaching searches, with both defensive positions being filled within a 12 hour period. (Technically, they can’t be filled until posted for a certain amount of time, but it’s all but done). Monday night, whispers started that former Penn State defensive line coach Larry Johnson Sr. had been approached by Ohio State to fill the position left when Coach Vrable left to join the Houston Texans. “Approached” soon turned into “All but accepted”, and by Tuesday it was all but considered as a sure thing. This was solidified around lunchtime, when the news then broke that Ohio State had found their defensive coordinator, former Arkansas and Wisconsin defensive coordinator Chris Ash (who also worked with Tom Herman at Iowa State and Brady Hoke in San Diego). After the jump, we’ll give you a chance to get to know these new fellers a bit more, but for now- Welcome to Buckeye Nation!
- More Coaching Options? With all of the shuffling around, it was interesting to hear that Jim Caldwell, former head coach of the Indianapolis Colts had been tabbed as the new leader for the Detroit Lions. What made it especially unique was the possibility that he might bring former Buckeye coach Jim Tressel along with him… which certainly makes sense, given their brief relationship with the Colts and the obvious other reason. Alas, it looks like the possibility may have just been wishful thinking on the part of Buckeye fans wanting to troll that state up north.
- Still Crankin’ Out The Hits- Even though it’s the off-season, Ohio State’s Sammy Silverman brings great visual reminders of Buckeye excellence, including our header photograph and this great gem: Read More