Wouldn't You Rather Have A Rifle?
An Easter basket full of Ohio State and college sports news and notes, as we await one of the sacred holidays of the year. That’s right- “Easter Chocolate On Clearance Monday”.
- And now… what? With all the speculation about Sully and Tank’s departure, you might have missed that the Buckeyes may also have several hoopsters who are looking to transfer. Jeff Rapp looks at the possibilities surrounding Jordan Sibert and J.D. Weatherspoon.
- Spring Has Sprung- Tuesday marked the Buckeye Spring Kickoff (video here), an auction and information session from Coach Meyer and the football staff. Several interesting tidbits today, including-
- Captain, My Captain- Following the “Captain of the week” experiment, Coach Meyer said today that the voting would happen in the fall with him having veto power over the final decisions. This was followed by his remarking to John Simon “You’ll be a captain”. Let the man-crush continue.
- First Among Equals- According to Coach Meyer, after Coach Marrioti the most important hire of the off season has been Coach Warinner, since the O Line is the lynch pin of everything that Ohio State hopes to do on offense. And, on Tuesday night we heard whispers that Coach Warinner might just have a new member of the 2013 to prepare for.
- The Guy Behind The Guy Behind The Guy- Tim Hinton was introduced today as the staff’s recruiting coordinator. No pressure, I’m sure. Speaking of recruiting Coach Meyer called Coach Vrable one of the best in the country as a part of the event.
- Nothing Easy Is Worth A Damn- Meyer commented today that the staff’s goal is to run the most difficult program in America to ensure that the Buckeyes are the toughest team in the country. Read More