On Its Way
This week, Ohio State faces a Purdue coach that’s undefeated* against them, and seeks to rebound from a horrible defensive showing at Indiana. So, yeah- our soundtrack is something that should be harped on, even if it seems a little paranoid.
- Think Pink- Well, I guess this is a thing now, as this week’s game against Purdue is a “Pink Out” for breast cancer awareness. Personally, I’d rather try to approximate the color by doing alternating shades of red and white, but no one ever asks me. More on this event later in the program…
- Getting Defensive, Part One- Our friends over at Men of the Scarlet and Gray have taken to defending the Buckeye defense, first in looking at the state of affairs at this point in the season, and second highlighting the real culprit for the scoreboard woes- Special Teams Play.
- Meyer’s Musings- In today’s B1G coaches teleconference, Coach Meyer talked about his role with the defense and that he was there to support the staff as they helped work on the fundamentals: 4-6 seconds of effort, Great leverage (positioning), and making tackles. He sang the praises of Kenny G, and talked about how his attitude and effort had changed significantly than the winter where he was in line for a one way bus ticket back to Texas. Coach said that Purdue will be a challenge for the Buckeyes, and that defensively they are two or three missed tackles from being great on the season.
- Getting Defensive- Want stats and so forth? Check out where the Buckeyes rank nationally at Football Outsiders, who have Ohio State as the 27th rated team in the country. Argue away…
- Hope Quotes- Also in the B1G teleconference, Coach Hope agreed with Coach Meyer that tackling has been an issue for the Boilermakers over the past two weeks, and that Wisconsin’s game compounded things with poor alignment. He praised the Ohio State offensive line while remarking that Braxton can “do everything. The Boilers expect their running back to play much more effectively this week; as you remember Bolden is recovering from knee issues suffered against Indiana at the end of last season.
- Not So Fast- Several Buckeye fans have reminded us that the Purdue team that heads to Columbus on Saturday just got pounded by Wisconsin, and to expect an easy game. We remind you merely that last year’s Wisconsin team did the same to Purdue, and the Buckeyes ended up with “Purdue Harbor 2″. No easy games in conference play.
- This Week In SammySilv- Great effort from El Guapo leads to this week’s poster: Read More