The Buckeyes had a pretty big day this past Wednesday on National Signing Day and we wanted to get everyone’s thoughts about the class. Jeremiah joins us from MOTSAG this week with his two-cents, as well as the gang from 95.5 The GAME, Matt Finkes, Arch Madness, and Adam Sabie.
Which recruit the Buckeyes got signed was the biggest surprise to you and why?
Concensus great get on NSD
- Jeremiah MOTSAG – For me it is Malik Hooker- no one knew who he was or had even predicted him to OSU when he committed. He was an under the radar player that Coach Meyer swooped in and stole.
- Archie - Slade because it’s so crazy the fact that he never had an official visit. That’s unheard of.
- Matt Finkes - Slade because he signed at last minute
- Adam Sabie - I would have to say that Slade is the biggest surprise. I mean, the guy didn’t even visit Columbus and spurned MSU! Love that!
- Ken – Probably Darius Slade. He’d seemed to have had trouble figuring where he wanted to land, but I think that McDowell’s signing(?) with MSU channeled him to OSU. It was a mild surprise to me, but once McDowell went North, it all made sense.
- Patrick – Darius Slade. Much like last year, and Vonn Bell, there wasn’t much talk of Slade coming here. Good get.
- Scott – Darius Slade. Seemed to waffle quite a bit.
- Mali- Slade is the obvious choice here (and I’m certain to call him “Jim” at some point), but I’ll go with Jamarco Jones. Sure he was committed to the Buckeyes for a long while, but historically we don’t have good things happen when recruits take last minute visits to other schools.
- WVaBuckeye - This should be a tie between Slade/Jones but for me its an easy choice to go with Jamarco Jones. A solid commit for a good while I really am not sure what kept him in Columbus. All real talk had him going to East Lansing, and as you heard what Coach Meyer said, JJ was a must have for this class.
Which recruit do you have a feeling will come in and have an immediate impact? Read More