Those of you who play along with us during Fall liveblogs know my propensity for helping make stadium sound effects on third down as a way to
manage my ADD help the team. As such, today’s news hit me with a bit of both nostalgia and sadness… The band that gave us the bell may be no more. We’ve only got one choice for today’s soundtrack, then… Happy Wednesday!
For Those About To Rock…. Fire!
- SMRT- Monday night, Aaron Craft and Allison Elber were awarded the B1G Ten Medal of Honor for athletic and academic excellence. W00t!
- Going To Miss You- Courtesy of Ben Alexrod, we find out that Amadeo Della Valle signs autographs with “Rock Me”. But of course he does.
- Gonna Miss You Too- Huge shout out to our friend Janelle, who graduates really soon and will be headed to UCF for warmth and grad school… and a graduate assistantship!
- Night Moves- Ohio State’s television schedule came out today, in part; the home opener against Virginia Tech will be a night game, as will the trips to Happy Valley and Illinois’ visit to Columbus in November. There’s still a chance that the game in East Lansing will be at night as well; illuminated, as is tradition, by burning couches.
- Feed Me, Seymour! I’m guessing that Coach Mick and Sarah Wick’s jobs just got more interesting, with the NCAA’s decision to allow student athletes to have unlimited meals and snacks (the well-known “Hoke” plan), and to allow walk-ons to join the team for training meals. While Josh Perry and Mike Bennett are certainly excited about the changes, the most ecstatic persons have to be the nutritional staff in Lexington.
- Cultural Shift- We’ve heard a lot about Ohio State’s work to build on the culture for the coming season and beyond. Get ready for soundbites galore regarding “4 to 6, A to B”… and Sammy Silverman highlights this in today’s graphical excellence: Read More