In this week’s edition of news and notes, we take a look at the ever swirling world of college “playoffs”; helping you get to the bottom of the matter. You can probably guess where this is headed…
- Hangin’ With Urb- Hopefully you were one of the students who were able to get your tickets to the upcoming “meet and greet” with Ohio State’s new head coach. If so, I’m sure you’re in for a treat. Absolutely no disrespect to Coach Tressel, but the public speaking and offensive styles of these two men were pretty consistent: The Senator wanted to kill clock, lull you into complacency, and wait for you to make a mistake. Coach Meyer will see how many questions he can answer in a minute, and expects every one of them to score.
- Ah, Gee- Ohio State’s president was in the news again, this time for saying what most of us realized anyway- the recent “print media” coverage of the Ohio State program was less than flattering, often inaccurate, and aimed at drawing eyeballs/pageviews more than conveying the truth. My favorite part of that interview? George “Buckeye Raffles and UCLA Weed OMG!!” Dohrmann comment-
(Gee) knows more about bow ties than he does about journalism.
Probably true, but since Gordo is a fifteenth level bow-tie ninja, what does that say about your point?
- Sure, But What About The Laser Cats? In news that is sure to make the guys at Buckeye Empire happy, the Ohio State University is now home to a really big frickin’ laser. I just so happen to know a very large, probably immobile target that might work for testing, should the need arise.
- We’re Not Ones To Go Around Spreadin’ Rumors- Buzz started yesterday regarding some upcoming Ohio State attrition in the person of Brian Bobek. We wish him well in whatever decision he makes, and clarity in the interim. Additionally, the roller coaster that has been the Mike Heuerman Recruitment has taken another turn- from recruiting Bosa and Anzalone to the Buckeyes, Bill Greene now holds that Notre Dame leads and a decision might be forthcoming.
- Gettin’ Paid, Son!! In the world of young adult athletes who are allowed to make money, the NFL draft starts tomorrow! Some early projections include Mike Adams going in the first or second, with Brewster, Posey, and Herron following a few rounds later. Two other observations from that article- I hope someone takes a flier on Nate Ebner, and this might be the most understated piece of commentary ever-
OT J.B. Shugarts (seventh or free agent): Good size, but had false start and some foot problems with the Buckeyes.
- Tweetles and twootles- If you’re on the twitter, a) give us a follow and b) check out the #BuckeyeNationProblems hashtag from last night.
- Video And Such- We’re awaiting the next bunch of greatness from a certain southern sportscaster, but in the mean time this ain’t too bad: Read More