It’s hump day, which means the mid-week linkage and notes from around the world of college sports.
Flying High, As Always
- Dennis Hopson’s number hasn’t been retired by Ohio State. As someone who grew up in Ohio during his reign, I find that unbelievable… almost unforgivable. So, like a lot of other folks, I’m 100% behind the #Hop2theRafters movement to let OSU know it’s time for jersey number 32 to be honored… you can get involved, too: http://www.change.org/petitions/retire-32
- Mark your calendars- Right now, Ohio State’s spring practice is set to begin March 28. The spring game will be played April 21 at 1:30 p.m. at Ohio Stadium. While Urban is out recruiting the next wave of Buckeye legends, the fact of the matter is that the team might look very very different come March 28- particularly if February goes as has been prophesied.
- Not Just Recruiting Players- Coach Meyer has an open coaching position as well, and the OZone’s Brandon Castel has a look at the candidates. My three “favorites”:
- Chuck Heater, Temple Defensive Coordinator
- Troy Douglas, former UNC DB Coach
- Travaris Robinson, current Florida DB Coach
- Vested Interest- Speaking of open coaching positions, the Colts has one. And, you know our opinion is that they should look no further than the man upstairs. (No, Tim… not that one)