SBP gets the ol’ bumperino this week to accommodate life. It happens, right?
- Well, Frick- The Lantern tonight released a story regarding 11-12 pending violations being processed by the NCAA. After the “46 violations and various raffle rigging” story from last week, you’ve got to think that the folks in Columbus are just about tired of this type of coverage… I know that Buckeye Nation certainly is. The story doesn’t clarify which sports might be impacted or what the specifics of the situations are, so it could be that the NCAA decides that these are not “violations” after all, or we could find out that we’ve got a bunch of scofflaws on the OSU fencing team. Either way, we’ll find out as soon as it hits the front page of ESPN.
- This Week In Comedy- In the article linked above, we’re reminded of the following regarding current AD Gene Smith:
Smith said multiple offenses by individual teams is a concern of his, especially if the violations committed are in relation to recruiting.
Smith was cited for breaking NCAA recruiting policy despite his distaste for recruiting infractions in particular.
“I intend to retire here as a Buckeye. You can never say never that you won’t do something else, but as far as athletic director or athletic administration, this is my last stop.”
I’m sure there are alumni and fans who have an opinion regarding that timeline.
- That’s A Steele- Phil Steel’s Preseason All-B1G was released today. Some things made sense (Hankes, Simon on the first team), while others were just mind boggling. Braxton behind Captain Jump-ball? Roby on the 4th team? Just wow.
- On The Road Again- The B1G released the conference schedules for 2015-16 on Tuesday, and UnScripted Ohio hosted a really good round table with BBN folks to get their take. My initial thought- No Nebraska on the schedule outside of the CCG? My marriage thanks the scheduling gods…
- Scoring in Bunches- Shout out to the Baseball Bucks, who continued along in B1G play by scoring 11 runs in the 8th and 9th innings on their way to a 12- 5 come from behind victory over #3 seed Penn State. Next up? Purdue.
- Yes, I Love Technology- Pretty cool news today regarding Ohio State’s partnering with University Digital First to provide student athletes with iPads for scheduling, coursework (avoiding potentially embarrasing situations and saving trees!), and playbooks. Several schools in the conference have also done this, including That School Up North (didn’t know that iPads had modem adapters) and Wisconsin, which even has them in team colors.
- Shooty Hoops For Money- In the NBA playoffs, you’ve got to enjoy watching Evan Turner’s consistency and rebounding against the Celtics, and give kudos to Daequan Cook still alive with OKC in the Western Conference Finals. Oh, that’s right- Ohio State is a football school… silly me. Read More