Just a friendly warning that there are only four more days to borrow money from your pops so you can buy him a gift. If you’re looking for ideas, check our friends at The Buckeye Room… And now, the news.
For The Guy Who Has Everything
We Hardly New Ye- Well, it wasn’t news to us, as we’d heard for a while that Brian Bobek was looking to transfer, but earlier this week the University made it official. Potential landing spots could be the University of West By God Virginia, and a B1G program yet to be named. Brian’s got family across the conference, so we wish him luck in all of his games except one. A bit of a sad note, since he was supposed to be “next up” after Brewster graduated; however he was jumped on the depth chart in the spring, including being passed up by the latest in the Boren Legacy (just an incoming freshman). Again, godspeed!
- Now That’s What I Call Trolling- News early Tuesday was that Urban Meyer and the staff were going to… Michigan? Seems that the staff at TTUN was being a bit slow in responding to requests to be a part of a clinic in the Southfield area, an event that has had the tenor of a UM/MSU pep rally in the past. When the staff of the event reached out to Coach Meyer, he jumped at the opportunity and will bringing the entire coaching staff with him to work with the campers on drills and build relationships with the folks in Hoke’s backyard. Great move, if you ask me… although I’m certain that he’ll refrain from purchasing any gas in that god-forsaken state.
- Check Out The Big Brain On Brad! Coach Smith took to the twitters on Tuesday and gave love to the receivers who had excelled in the classroom… and we found out that, for Spring Quarter, Philly Brown managed to achieve a 3.9. Heck, that’s practically Krenzel-esque.
- Congrats!- First and foremost to our own Joe Dexter (and apologies to his bride) who tied the knot on Tuesday. Second, Buckeye Mark Titus was betrothed over the past weekend as well… Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at the reception, which was sure to be a “who’s who” of OSU hoops.
- And Condolences- Go out to Jake Ballard, who saw his breakout season with the world champion New York Giants end with an injury and a release from the team this week. Obviously, his recovery is not going as quickly as the team wanted… He landed on his feet, though, and was picked up by the Patriots on Tuesday. It’s uncertain what this means, as they’ve extended Gronk’s contract long term and have Aaron Hernandez as well… but it’s good to have another person in Foxboro to ensure that this continues to happen. Oh, and since we’re talking about the G-Men… imagine lining up on the opposite side of the line from this.
- Try And Beat This! Tuesday night, our friends at OSU Rugby were able to surpass 2000 followers on Twitter, and will “occupy” the Michigan Rugby Twitter page for one week. Be sure to give them a follow, if you’re of the tweeting kind.
- Luke, I Am Your Father… Where’s My Card?- Well, it’s with great fanfare that we welcome the Buckeye Empire into the BBN- be sure to check out their daily take on Ohio State sports and coverage with a bit of a sideways twist. I’m excited for this new project, but hope the guys don’t go and get a big head.