Lots of excitement in your Wednesday updates…
Buckeye Hoops 411
- Congrats are in order! Not only are the Buckeyes headed to the Final Four, but Jared Sullinger was named an All American this week, the first back-to-back honor of that kind since 2009. His booty was named Honorable Mention as well… nice work.
- This is the most Aaron Craft thing ever- It just is… trust me. #Swoon
- Revenge, of sorts- No, I’m not talking about the “payback” angle for this week’s Kansas game, I want to talk about officiating. Since Ohio State has made the final four, that means that officials from their region are disqualified from officiating those games. So, in other words, Ted Valentine and Ed Hightower are benched for Championship weekend. I’m sure they’ll join the BBN livechat for all the excitement, though.
- Bon Voyage- If you’re in Columbus, you’ve got no reason not to head down to High Street this afternoon to wish the Hoopsters well as they begin their journey to the National Title. If you don’t want to actually say “bon voyage”, signs and other stuff are appropriate; this alternate moment in French, though, is not.
Buckeye Football 411
- The Wait Is Over! As you’re reading this, the Ohio State football team is preparing for it’s first practice of the spring; and the coaches are as excited as the fans are, it seems. Be on the lookout for news and notes from today’s open practice, as well as a great preview from the Athletic Department later Wednesday. As happy as Buckeye fans are to see the new regime, I’d have to say Badger cheerleaders were even more excited.
- Tonight! We Dine In The WHAC!!!! Monday was the “Champion’s Dinner” as a reward for hard work during spring conditioning, and while details are still forthcoming we know that there was a relatively small number of Buckeyes who were honored for their efforts in the classroom, weightroom, and on the practice field. Sounds as if the “winners” were treated to filet and other goodies, while the rest of the team had “grilling” fare- hot dogs, burgers, etc. Please note that I said “grilling”…