One more week until Christmas! Hopefully you’re getting your shopping all taken care of… and today’s soundtrack from three of my favorite artists will help inspire you to remember the real meaning of the season. (Honestly, that wasn’t the strangest thing I found this year…)
Someone made Santa’s list
- Major Awards- This is the week that all of the “Best Of” lists and awards come out, and there were several Buckeyes who were acknowledged for their efforts during the 2013 season. Ryan Shazier led the list, being named a first team Associate Press All American (tree in the Buckeye grove!), to go along with the same honor from ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and USA Today. Jack Mewhort was tabbed a first team AA by ESPN, a second team member from Sports Illustrated, and third team honors from CBSSports and the Associated Press. Carlos Hyde was third team by the Associate Press, while Devan Bogard was third team according to CBSSports
- Even More Importantly- A number of Buckeyes graduated this past weekend, including our soon to be favorite graduate assistant coach.
- Did Someone Say Awards? You too can be swagtastic by winning our Bowl Challenge. Heck, join Bacon’s too.
- Wheee. More Special Uniforms- The Lantern has great coverage of the University’s huge deal with Nike… you can bet there’s a ton of money involved. While it’s certainly better than the adidas/Under Armour alternatives, I still can’t wrap my mind around Ohio State entering into a partnership which will essentially help build Oregon’s program.
- Speaking Of Uniformity- Buckeyes will be in scarlet in the Orange bowl; the first time that they’ve worn the home gear in a post season game since… hell, I have no idea. 2000? Let’s see if this can break some of the recent bad luck in Florida, shall we?
- Plenty Of Good Seats Still Available- If you’re headed to Florida (and why wouldn’t you?) you should be aware that tickets for the Orange Bowl are among the lowest on the secondary market for BCS contests. While the Bowl itself says that it’s only got 1000 or so ducats left, I know where you can find a lot more than that… and for lower than face value. So, go ahead and take your talents to South Beach- Be sure to celebrate the holiday appropriately there, though.
- Coaching Carousel- At this point, none of the Ohio State coaching staff has left for another opportunity, although there’ve been plenty of rumors. Both Coach Fickel and Drayton were tied to the FAU job, with the former allegedly being offered the position and choosing to stay closer to home. Some folks said that Luke may be in the crosshairs for a position at Notre Dame, but at this point there’s nothing definitive. Coach Warriner has been linked to the Bowling Green and Army openings, although both sound as if they’ve got other candidates as their primary targets. Interestingly enough, Coach Herman’s name hasn’t come up as of yet (knocks on redwood forest full of wood), but I wouldn’t be surprised to see his name listed as a candidate following the inevitable Texas Two-step shuffle.
- I Think Santa Does This For The Elves On Christmas Eve- A couple of days old, but if this video of Coach Coombs doesn’t make you want to run through a brick wall, then bah freaking humbug: Read More