Spiral bound and everything!
Another Wednesday, another mainstream media member making less than accurately informed statements about issues they think they understand…
- Hall? Maybe- This week, Jordan Hall was cleared physically to play by the OSU medical staff, but the jury is still out on how “ready” he is- game speed, etc. Tuesday was a testing day, so we may hear more as the week progresses; personally, I’d prefer that he rest and get ready for B1G season.
- Dodson? Better- Late Tuesday night news broke that Ohio State freshman Kyle Dodson had experienced dehydration as a part of Tuesday’s grueling practices. The University reports that he is healthy, though, and we will keep you up to date as the situation develops.
- Injury Updates- Nathan Williams is still banged up, and may be limited this week. Michael Bennett’s groin injury is more complicated than initially thought, he will need further time off to recover (some whispers of a possible redshirt for the sophomore).
- Bears: One of the points that Coach Meyer emphasized was that normally this week would be a chance to review the fundamentals with the team, particularly given some of the miscommunication that still is happening on offense and defense. However, the Cal Bears run a defense that Ohio State will only see in this week’s matchup, the famous Buddy Ryan 46 (named after former Buckeye Doug Plank). If there weren’t concerns already about OSU’s ability to run in the interior of the line, Carlos Hyde’s replacements will have to do so against a stout three man front.
- Consider Yourself Warned- There’s a strike in Chicago that’s getting all of the news these days, but Buckeye fans should be aware of a brewing controversy on campus as well... #TeamGroundCrew
- West Coast Speed- Cal is a program known for producing great receivers and return specialists, and this year is no exception. In the teleconference this morning, Coach Meyer pointed to Keenum Allen as yet another in the long line of skill position performers for Coach Tedford; given some of the miscommunication in the secondary, this has got to be a concern for Ohio State on Saturday.
- Greatness Comes In Pairs: Newest Nissan “Heisman House” video is amazing for all the right reasons: Read More