Well, another Senior Crawl has come and gone in Columbus and we get ready to celebrate with the graduates of the Ohio State class of 2014 (including our friend Janelle!). You can’t think “graduation” without today’s soundtrack, I’m guessing… and we’ll give you the version that features yet another great Ohioan.
- Lesser Charges- The story of the day on Tuesday was Bradley Roby’s decision to plead to a charge lesser than the OVI that he was initially confronted with, and accept a sentence of $375 and a three day driver’s intervention course. Given what came out regarding his field sobriety test and an anonymous call the night of the incident, it may be a good thing that this wasn’t pressed further. Whether or not this impacts his draft status is yet to be seen.
- Getting Drafty- If you’re the type who likes projections and that type of thing, here’s a look at LaQuinton Ross’ skills as the NBA process nears. I’m not a guru, but this seems to be pretty dead on.
- June N00b- Former Crimson Tide Chad Lindsay will be getting a jump on things and will be enrolling at Ohio State in June- just in time for the voluntary (wink wink) workouts.
- Two Hats And A Sweatervest-Jim Tressel is in the top three at for the presidential searches at both Akron AND Youngstown State, making for a really awesome potential “selection ceremony” if the schools would chose to go the NLOID route. Another option would be to have the selection via American Idol type announcement or even one a bit more dramatic.
- Wither Wimbush? I try not to pay much attention to the whims of 17 year old adults, but there’s been a lot of frustration regarding Ohio State’s current recruiting successes. Most recently, one time “strong lean”QB from New Jersey seems to have fallen out of love with Ohio State, looking instead at Penn State as a strong possibility to “take his talents to”. It will be interesting to see if the other PSU news from Tuesday (see below) has any impact on the James Franklin’s mystique.
- Wrasslin’- It’s almost as awesome as Mr. Poffo (mentioned above), but there will be some Buckeyes who hit the big stage as a part of an exhibition match in New York City.
- It’s Swimsuit Season- So you’d better get in shape… If you’re not working out with Clair, then you better hit the weight room… and Sammy Silverman reminds you where the best one in Columbus is: