With our lead story today being what it is, of course there’ll be the obvious tie-ins for the soundtrack of today’s SBP. If 70′s rock ain’t your thing… here’s some 80′s pop and some country instead.
- Pucker Up- Oh man, oh man, oh man… Kenny G is coming to LA! Sure it’s a long way from The ‘Shoe to here, but we’re really really REALLY excited to see him don the black and whatever the hell else is on their uniforms.
- Paying It Forward- The gang over at Eleven Warriors had a great story this week about Josh Perry’s relationship with Josh Chambers, an amazingly brave young man who’s undergoing treatment for leukemia.
- Your Turn- You can get involved at the website set up here… no reason not to!
- B1G Speed- There’s a Buckeye on the list of Bryan Fisher’s list of 14 fastest college players, but what’s surprising is that there’s someone from something called a “Purdue” at the top of the list. Take it for what it’s worth.
- On Track? Well, some of Ohio State’s speed will be looking for a new leader, as the Track Program replaces Coach Beathea.
- Who’s Your Daddy? Eddie George, of course. Notre Dame already knew this… Illinois too.
- Big ‘Shoe To Fill- The University put out photos today of the expansion work being done on the endzones. Still looks like a Horseshoe, but I think it’s possible to get too big. Wouldn’t want look stupid with ticket sales, right?
- We’re On A Boat- Ohio State, rowing school. I guess being next to the Olentangy has some benefits.
- Gettin’ Paid- David Lighty, fresh off the league championship, has renewed his contract with ASVEL, a team owned by Tony Parker, who’s going up against Greg Oden in the NBA finals.
- Academic Investments: Lori Schmidt did some great work in compiling Buckeye majors; because they are students, right?
- Speaking Numerically- MotSaG’s Sylvester Yon Rambo reminds the world why the SEC has an advantage over even the best B1G teams.
- Never Too Early- to start looking at the upcoming season, and Patrick will help us out with his preview of the Buckeye foes starting tomorrow. In the meantime, though, here’s Bill Connelly’s early season look at “the B1g Ten Standard”.
- If That Weren’t Enough- Here’s the official “gameday experience” video to help you run through any walls that you might encounter this morning. I may have linked to this before… but I just don’t care: